If you have ever considered having a fireplace in your home, but have not yet taken the plunge, you may want to learn about some of the electric fireplace pros and cons that you should be aware of before making your decision. There are many types of electric fireplaces available to choose from today. Some have adjustable heat, like electric logs. Others have both heat and simmering options, with built in blowers that produce an even heat for that cozy feeling. But perhaps the most useful electric fireplace pros and cons, are that which depends on the size and type of the room you wish to use it in, how much you are willing to spend on the unit, and whether or not it is in a location that would be readily available for a traditional fireplace to be installed.
- All Year Around Ambiance - Perfect for the cold seasons, features two heat settings: high and low. Heat vents are located on the upper front area. The heat level can be adjusted according to the user’s preference, making this fireplace a functional and practical fixture. The fireplace can be turned all the way up in freezing weather to keep you snug and toasty. For slightly chilly weather, it can be set on low to provide ample warmth without being too hot
- Dual Installation Wall/Insert - In Wall Recessed Design specially designed for fully or partially recessed in wall, also can be wall mounted and freestanding. The black and larger linear glass design offer a sleek and modern look.
- Realistic Flame Effects To create the cozy atmosphere of a traditional fireplace, this electronic unit emits authentic-looking flames that emulate a real fire. It has three color changing options, along with multiple settings, from a soft ember glow or an intense blaze. Heat and flame settings can be operated through a remote control
- Front air outlet design can be perfectly installed under the TV more than 8"-inch distance. Whisper quiet blower heating, 750-watt and 1500-watt heating modes,12.5 amps plug-in 110v outlet, heating for 400 sq.ft
- Safety and Comfort - ETL, UL, CSA Certificate Approved. It also has auto-heat kill safety to avoid the super heating. The infrared heat is good for maintaining the natural humidity within the air without making the room too dry
- 【Multiple Install Methods】This electric fireplace not only can be Recessed or semi recessed in wall, but also can be Wall Mounted, perfect fit for 2’ X 6’ stud wall. Product Size 42"(W)x18.11’’(H)x3.86"(D).The top independent physical switch design has passed ETL security certification.Back frame design makes the linear glass display larger for optimal viewing, which also reduces the possibility of damage to the glass panel during transport
- 【Realistic Flame Effects】Full spectrum LED colors for a unique ember bed display - 12 flame colors includes the upgraded 3 classic flame colors (red orange and blue),5 flame speeds & 5 flame brightness,12 ember bed color lighting options.Ultra High Intensity Led lights with large display allows the flame to "burn" high enough, flames emerge slowly from the "source" and then get pulled to the top of the fireplace where they flash in the heat of the top of the fireplace.
- 【Perfect Modern Home Decor】Sleek contemporary linear electric fireplace design with front air outlet, can be perfectly installed in living room under TV (leaving 8-inch gap) or your entertainment center and bedroom as a fireplace heater with Over Heat Protection or a decorative fireplace with No heat for year-round ambience. WHISPER QUIET blower heating(≤40dB), 750W and 1500W heating modes,5100BTUS,12.5AMPS,plug-in 120v outlet,heating area up to 400sq.ft.
- 【Flexible Control Modes】Remote and touch screen make it more convenient to control every function of electric fireplace,power switch,1-8 hours timer control,independent switch of heating and flame,adjustable flame color and speed,sleep mode function.
- 【Best Customer Service】 Free replacement for installation problems; Damage and missing parts within 1 year.Replace & refund within 1 month. Any pre-sales questions are welcome to consult us at any time, our customer service is 24 hours online.
- 72 in. Electric fireplace with built-in bookshelves
- Smooth MDF frame with a rich Mahogany finish
- Quickly warms a 210 sq. Ft. Room
- LED fireplace insert features a color-changing flame display
- Mantel available in 7 color options with 3 interchangeable insert displays
- This stylish retro fireplace console supports up to a 60” TV with a maximum weight of 95 lbs
- Wooden louvers accent the door which conceals 2 shelves while the 36” electric fireplace Displays realistic flames and embers to Set the mood
- Two adults are required for proper assembly Assembled dimensions 25 6”H x 62”w x 18 9”D Shipping weight is approximately 153 12 lbs
- The brown walnut woodgrain Finish works Perfectly with the mid-century style Created in laminated particleboard MDF and Real wood louvers and legs
- Console Comes with a convenient remote Control to customize your flame settings
- Made from laminated particleboard with metal accents | The White Finish gives the stand a modern look perfect for any style
- Product dimensions | Overall – 18" D x 63.1” W x 26" H | Open Shelves (each) – 18” D x 11.8” W x 4.3” H | Cabinets (each) – 18.9” D x 17.9” W x 19.2” H | Fireplace – 5” D x 18” W x 18.1” H
- Weight limits | Holds up to a – 70” flat paneled TV (135 lbs.) | Open shelves – 30 lbs. | Cabinet – Top shelf 10 lbs. / Lower shelf 15 lbs.
- The fireplace TV console ships flat to your door and 2 adults are recommended for assembly
- Two large cabinets and open shelving keep your gaming consoles, cable box, DVD and Blu-Ray players, and audio system organized and easy to reach. The 18” Firebox insert can warm a room up to 400 sq. Ft. And the energy efficient LED light has up to 50, 000 hours of life
- 【Easy Control Heater】 Adjust the knob to turn the unit on. "LOW" is for producing heat at 750 watts, "HIGH" is for heating faster and hotter at 1500 watts, and "SWING HIGH" and "SWING LOW" is for 70°oscillation.
- 【Speedy Warming & Shaking Head】 With PTC ceramic heating tech and high speed fan, this heater put out tons of heater to heat up 200sq.Ft in seconds. Helps to save electric bills by heating up needed small spaces instead of heating the whole house with other centralized heaters. Shaking head, Security，Peace of mind sleep to tomorrow.
- 【Portable & 4 MODES】 Dimensions: 9.3" x 5.3" x 5.3". Lightweight makes this space heater easy to place in room or move from the floor to the table. Four modes heater: 1. High Heat (1500-watt), 2. Low Heat (750-watt),3.High Heat Oscillation(1500-watt), 4.Low Heat Oscillation(750-watt). Set the switch knob to the mode to reach your desired temperature. 1500W High heat, providing efficient heat to every corners of the room with constant warmth during cold weather.
- 【For Safety】 1. Automatic overheat system will shuts the unit off when the parts of the heater overheat. 2. Tip-Over Protection will shut off the room heater if it gets knocked over accidentally to avoid accident happens.
- 【QUIET ROOM HEATER & CUSTOMER SUPPORT】 Lower than 45 dB while working, quiet enough and better heat dispersal for indoor sleeping, reading and working. Ideal to set this portable heater wherever you want to make warm. Let the space heaters for indoor use help you beat the chilly days.If you have any installation problems or other problems, please contact our customer service. You are totally risk free with our heater for small room.
- Dimensions: 26" H x 58" L x 16" W - Side Cabinet: 17.5" H x 18" L x 15.75" W
- Cable management features to run cords in the back of the TV stand
- Fireplace display and heat can be turned on individually
- Includes electric fireplace that will heat up to 400 sq. ft. (4600 BTU)
- No electrician required, as the electric fireplace is a simple plug-in unit
- 🔥【The Latest Design-Upgrade Heat Powered Stove Fan】No Batteries or Electricity Required!The heat powered stove fan rotates by using the heat on the surface of the stove and automatically adjusts the speed according to the surface temperature of the stove.Large Airflow,Less Consumption and More Efficiency make the room warmer quickly.
- 🌞【Wood Stove Fan Whisper Quiet】The only moving part is the blade of wood stove fan assembly.Silent running,say goodbye to the terrible noise .You don't even know this fan is there,but you feel warm!You will enjoy the warm air in a quiet and comfortable environment.
- 🔥【Fireplace Fan The Best Quality Material】The fireplace fan is made of high-strength aluminum alloy.The surface of stove fan is fine and neat.It is no deformation and no discoloration after long time working under high temperature.
- 🔥【Energy Saving and Environmental Protection】The heat powered stove fan is designed to circulate the warm air created by a wood / coal or pellet burning.Make full use of the heat from your wood stove and quickly disperse it into your room.The room will heat up faster.It continues to circulate hot air to keep the room warm all the time.Less Consumption and More Efficiency！
- 🌞【Easy to Use and Our Service】No installation, no trouble, no battery or power supply!Just put the stove fan on the stove,it will rotate as the temperature rises.Easy and efficient!If you have any questions about the product, please feel free to contact us, we will do our best to help you solve it.Our service and excellent quality will make you completely satisfied.
- DESIGNED FOR: This Regal Flame ethanol burner insert is an absolute perfect addition to any room. It can be used as a portable tabletop fireplace indoor or outdoor, double sided, three sided or open. With ethanol, you no longer need to run gas lines, collect wood, or connect electricity.
- ECO-FRIENDLY HEAT: Easily produces 16,000 BTUs to warm a room of 750 sq. ft. with a flame of 12-14 inch in height. No more need to store and log wood, own a firewood rack, waste time on lighting and cleaning up ashes. Does not require any venting at all. At maximum capacity, this burners flame lasts approximately 4-6 hours.
- REAL FLAME: Unlike electric fireplaces inserts or gas firewood logs, this ethanol fire place produces a real fire that requires no ash clean up. This bio ethanol burner fireplace provides an open real flame that burns completely soot-free, ash-free, easy-light and easy-extinguish..
- SPECIFICATIONS: This Regal Flame bio ethanol fireplace burner is made from a high quality 430 Stainless Steel with capacity of one 4.8 litre that burns completely vent free on Regal Flame Ethanol Fireplace Fuel and does not need electric, gas, chimney, venting, or fireplace gel cans. At maximum capacity, this burners flame lasts approximately 4-6 hours. The dimensions of this ethanol fireplace burner insert is 24W x 7.3H x 3.7D Inches
- REGAL FLAME A BRAND YOU CAN TRUST: If for any reason youÕre not satisfied, simply contact us for a no hassle refund. Our guarantee means you can try our fire pit at zero risk!
- MODERN ACCESSORY: Solid iron bars are arrayed in clean geometric patterns to turn your hearth into a mid-century modern art display!
- PROTECTIVE MESH: Tightly woven wrought iron mesh provides an easy-cleaning surface and a see-through barrier to trap sparks and embers
- MAGNETIC DOORS: The two doors use small but strong magnets to prevent errant sparks from escaping while keeping the handsome design on full display
- QUICK & EASY SETUP: A simple, two-panel design combines seamlessly with two sturdy foot panels to give you a long-lasting accessory in as little as 10 minutes
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: Wrought iron bars connected by iron mesh with two easy-grab handles and welded hinges create a solid construction that won't break down; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 44.5"(L) x 15.75"(W) x 33"(H)
How to Decide If an Electric Fireplace is Right For You
Electric Fireplace Pros and Cons: D Cor Pro The biggest advantage to having an electric fireplace, over a wood fireplace, is the cost. They are usually less expensive than a wood burning fireplace, and depending on the size and type you purchase, can heat multiple rooms. However, the main advantage to them is that there is no need to have a chimney installation. Also, these units can be a bit dimmer than a wood-burning unit, although not as much as a gas unit. Electric Fireplace Pros: The cons of these are that they are generally less efficient than a wood-burning unit, require little or no chimney installation, and sometimes do not offer the same glow and heat that a wood burning unit does.
Electric Fireplace Cons: The main disadvantage to an electric fireplace heater, is that they are more of a convenience than anything else. You can’t move it around the room as you would a wood burning stove. If you don’t have one in a particular location, you have no heat source at all. These units also use a great deal of electricity, so if you plan to go on vacation, you may want to have one of these stoves portable.
Electric Fireplace Pros and Cons: The pros of these units are that they do provide instant heat, can be moved around the room easily, and they do not require any type of ventilation system. The cons of them are that they are expensive, can be a bit dim, and require a lot of power. However, as you increase the wattage on your electric fireplaces, you will be able to see significant differences in the warmth from them. As a result of the power they use, you can get a unit that can heat up a thousand square feet within an hour.
How to Install One: While these units are fairly easy to install, they can require some work if you have to do it yourself. This is because you will need to wire an electric outlet into your existing wiring. Because there is no requirement for venting, you may need an electrician to come and install the venting as well.
What Are the Advantages? There are many benefits to having a wood burning fireplace, but there are also several cons to consider as well. One of the biggest pros to a wood-burning unit is that it can heat quickly and effectively. In fact, they are some of the most efficient heaters available on the market today. They can heat a home in just a matter of minutes.
Another pro to wood-burning fireplaces is that they do not create smoke or ash. Most people are concerned with the health risks associated with the ashes left behind when a wood-burning fireplace is not running. However, there are several good manufacturers who produce products that can greatly reduce the amount of ash produced, as well as reducing or eliminating the amount of smoke produced.
So what are some of the other pros and cons of an electric fireplace? The biggest advantage to an electric fireplace is that it can be installed virtually anywhere. You do not need any type of permit in most instances. They are also quite easy to install, even on a deck or in the basement. Installation is usually very quick, as well. The average cost of a single unit is around $300.