For people living in California, there are many laws regarding electric skateboards. It is important to be aware of these laws as they may affect your ability to legally purchase and own one. If you live in California and are looking at getting an electric skateboard, it is important to know the laws in the state. The first thing you should know is that they are legal in California and are considered a type of motor vehicle. There are many differences between electric skateboards and other types of motorcycles and scooters and most local jurisdictions have laws concerning them.
- Extremely Fast & Long Range - Breeze II electric skateboard comes with 4 speed modes.The top speed is up to 28 MPH.With the 6000mAh Samsung 30Q lithium battery, it can travel up to 15 miles in medium mode with a full charge.
- Replaceable Motors - With dual 350 W motors,it is strong enough to climb a 30% steep hill.The board comes with 100 mm wheels installed and an extra set of 90 mm for replacement.Regenerating brake available. By braking on downhill, you can charge your board during the trip.
- Solid Construction - Breeze II’ s deck is made of bamboo and two layers of glass fiber which is three times more expensive than Canada maple deck. The combination makes a balance between flexibility and strength. The shape of the deck is designed for more comfort and stability.
- Customized Brakes - Breeze II has 4 brake settings from soft to strong. You can adjust the setting directly on the remote control during your ride.It’s equipped with 2 built in tail lights which will flash when you are braking.
- Cruise Control & Slide Start - By pressing the LED button on the remote during cruising, you can cruise at the same speed you currently at. This function can make long distance trips much easier. The electric longboard also can be turned on by sliding.
- LONG RANGE & SPEEDY - Top speed of up to 20km/h and it powered by a 350-watt motor, providing lithium-Ion-powered electric skateboarding action at speeds up To 12-15 Mph. Equipped with a secured 24V 4000mAh Built-in Lithium Battery pack that can be fully charged within 3 hours.
- ERGONOMIC WIRELESS REMOTE: Come with wireless controller, accelerate and brake as your pleases, Different speed settings for different skill levels, total 3 level speed settings, 3 LED battery indicator. This Skateboard is ideal for Beginner and Pro doing some basic stunts and other tricks.
- SAFE RIDE: 90*52mm PU wheels offer the smooth riding experience, yet firm enough to provide the grip riders.Matte surface deck for your non-slip driving.Comes with All-in-One Skate T-Tool, has everything you need to tighten up or repair your skateboard.
- SOLID & PORTABLE: Durable Deck and High density 8-Ply Maple Deck with handle design, only 4.8KG, easy to carry. This board supports a maximum weight of 220 lbs, reliable and sturdy. Suitable for adults, kids or beginners.
- PERFECT GIFT: Our skateboard is no assembly required for your convenience, ready to ride right out of the box. It is great gift choice for children, boys, girls, teens, youth, and adults.
- COOL & FUN: Electric longboard brings you beautiful scenery, designing for happy time and cool cruising. Buy it now and begin joyful journey of electric longboard.(Maintain safety with UL certified battery)
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL REMOTE: Portable electric skateboard with remote, take you to enjoy the scenery anytime, anywhere. Switch freely, accelerate, brake, forward and backward, 3 speed modes for novice to professional riders.
- COST-EFFECTIVE POWERFUL MOTOR: Full charge the electric skateboard in 3 hours. The 35 inches electric longboard cruise max 10 miles by high torque 400W brushless motor, conquer upto 20% grade hill with ease.
- CRAFTED SOLID DECK & EXCELLENT PU WHEELS: 11 composite layers deck is made of maple and fiberglass which max load 265 lbs. High-quality PU wheels offer the great grip performance and smooth riding.
- COMFTABLE & PORTABLE & BEST CREATIVE GIFT: COOL&FUN electric skateboard is able to riding smoothly and easy to carry around. It's a ideal christmas or birthday gift for adult, kids and teenagers.
- A lot of styles available: Unisex Short Sleeves, Long Sleeve Tee, Tank Tops, Crewneck Sweatshirt and Blend Hoodie. High quality and reasonable price with various colors and sizes to choose, our shirt makes a perfect and timeless gift.
- Sure to be one of your favorites, our T-Shirt with special and modern perspective stylish design will catch people's attention when you walk down the road.
- Bright, accurate color, soft material for outstanding finished garments, our shirt will make you more attractive, charming, fashionable and chic, make your shape look great.
- A great gift for yourself or your beloved ones on Birthday, Halloween, Christmas, New year, Father's day, Mother's day, Anniversary day, Valentine, …
- CLICK "CUSTOMIZE NOW" TO SELECT THE OPTIONS OF SIZE - STYLE - COLOR, WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE BEFORE ADDING TO YOUR CART. If there are any problems, please feel free to contact us, we will give the best solution to you within 24 hours.
- LONG RANGE & HIGH SPEED - Powered By A Single-Motor 350W, Providing Lithium-Ion-Powered Electric Skateboarding Action At Speeds Up To 12 Mph For Up To 10 Miles Per Charge. Equipped With A Secured29.4V 2200mah Samsung Lithium Battery Pack That Can Be Fully Charged Within 2 Hours.
- SOLID CONSTRUCTION - 27.5 Inch (700 Mm) Deck Length And High Quality 7-Ply Maple Deck Deliver A Lightweight, Responsive Ride Perfect For Cruising. Recommended For Ages 8 And Older And Will Support A Rider Up To 132 Pounds.
- ERGONOMIC WIRELESS REMOTE - 2 Modes:Beginner And Advanced. 2.4G Wireless Remote Controller With 4 Led Indicators, Keep You Informed The Skateboard Battery Level, Controls Speed, Braking, And Cruise Control.
- HIGH-GRIP URETHANE WHEELS - Durable, Shock-Absorbing 7.0cm/2.75inch Wheels Provide An Unbelievably Smooth Riding Experience. Even In High-Speed, It Could Keep Sufficient Stability And Balance To Ensure The Safety And A Good Riding Experience.
- NOTICE - The lithium battery is easy enter the self-protection state and it can't be charged if the lithium battery is not charged and discharged for a long time.It is recommended the lithium battery should be charged and discharged at least once a month.Full charge as possible when store it.
- Powered by a 125-watt motor, providing lithium-ion-powered electric skateboarding action at speeds up to 10 mph for up to 40 minutes of continuous use
- 29. 7 inch (754 mm) deck length and high quality 5-ply Maple deck deliver a lightweight, responsive ride perfect for cruising
- Includes a wireless (2. 4 Ghz) remote with wrist strap (replaceable) for variable-speed control of the electrifying carve-and-turn action
- Features high-grip urethane wheels and custom reverse kingpin trucks for enhanced stability, perforated grip tape and Geared, rear-wheel drive
- Recommended for ages 9 and older and will support a rider up to 220 pounds
- CARBON FIBER PATTERN HARD THICK PLASTIC
- FITS MOST STANDARD BOARDS, NO PRE-DRILLED HOLES
- 21" x 7 1/40" x 1 3/4" OUTSIDE, 19 1/9" x 5 3/4" x 1 1/2" INSIDE
- HEAVY-DUTY, DURABLE, WONT EASILY BREAK
- FOR BATTERIES, ESC AND ELECTRONICS MORE
- RANGE AND SPEED - Top speed of up to 20km/h and a max range of up to 10km on one charge. Motors making going up a steep hill a breeze! Equipped with a secured 24V 2200mah Lithium Battery pack that can be fully charged within 2 hours.
- WIRELESS CONTROL: 2.4G wireless remote controller with 4 led indicators which help you eaily runs in the night and controls acceleration and deceleration with reverse capability. 2 Modes:Beginner and Advanced.
- QUICK SLIDING BOOTING: You do not have to stoop to start your skateboard, just need to slide gently to boot immediately, perfect for riding to or from school, around campus, or while you commute to work. the skateboard will automatically power off if you don’t use more than 5 mins.
- HIGH QUALITY: 7-ply rock hard maple deck with hadle design only 5.10KG,easy to carry. This board supports a maximum weight of 286 lbs.250W hub-motor vs belt drive motors, hub motors are more reliable and less problem-prone. For this reason, we only use hub motors.
- FOR YOUTH GIRLS BOYS: This skateboard is fully assembled for your convenience, ready to ride right out of the box. It is great for children, youth, or adults.
- 😎 The electric skateboard uses high-quality 7-layer maple, which is resistant to compression and fall, tough and not easy to break, and has a s tronger sense of use.
- 😎Equipped with high traction PU skate wheels, making it flexible and durable, ensuring a pleasant riding experience; wear-resistant, and can maintain smooth running for long-term use.
- 😎Use wireless remote control, easy to control; display the skateboard power and status, easy to use. The three speed modes are L, M, and H. The braking modes are B1, B2, B3 and B4. It will freely accelerate, decelerate, reverse and brake.
- 😎The wheel hub brushless motor gives you lightning-fast acceleration. With a top speed of 15 kilometers per hour, it can easily handle 15% of the hillside. Essential mobility tools for campus and daily short-distance life, no matter where you ride, you will be excited.
- 😎Bears no more than 220 pounds
- wight :Protable for carry , wight is just 4.8kg ,nearly as a troditional skateboard wight.
- Max load:The max load can be 80kg
- Remote controller :With long distance(within 10m) remote controller, making everything under your control
- wheels : Mediumed- size 4 wheels , PU material , hardness 85A ,Diameter 75MM* width 51MM
- Screen display :screen with led light to remind you the power consumption .
California Electrically Motorized Boards Bans Skateboards on Sidewalks – Allowed Now, But Possible in the Future
Electric skates are legal to have and drive in California if they: Are over 25 inches in width and 0.75 miles or less from the back. They may travel between 3.5 to seven miles on a single charge. They aren’t made for racing but do have self propelled motors. Most electric skateboarders in California adhere to the rules and regulations set forth by California’s Department of Motor Vehicles. Because there are so many variations in the electric motorized skateboard there are many riders in the state that don’t follow these laws.
There are a number of cities in California where the use of electric skateboards is illegal. These include Los Angeles, San Diego, Santa Barbara, Burbank, Hollywood, San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Rosa, San Mateo, Palm Springs, San Miguel and San Antonio. It is illegal to drive or ride any kind of electric skateboard on city streets in these cities. There are also laws that prevent riders from riding their skateboards on sidewalks. This includes in San Miguel and in Hollywood.
In the state of California a number of skateboarders were injured in falls at a party in Yountville. A local TV station, KPIX, did report that a woman was seriously injured after slipping on an electric skateboard while trying to jump into a moving car. The accident occurred at approximately 1am when the woman was walking near Valley View Mall. The video shows the woman falling to the ground as she tries to climb out of the car. There are other people running around to help her, but she continues to fall. The woman was rushed to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
There are a number of cities throughout California that allow the use of electric skateboards. Emeryville is one of them. A city review found that despite the fact that Emeryville has one of the strictest no-nonsense codes for using electric skates on sidewalks and parking lots, there is still a problem. According to the report, many of the electric skateboard riders in the city are endangering other riders and passersby by riding on sidewalks and parking lots when there is not a sidewalk or lot in place to safely ride on. The review concluded that there must be some changes to the codes in order to discourage riders from riding on sidewalks and other publicly owned property.
In Los Angeles the wheels on electric skateboards are still not allowed on some city sidewalks. According to the city’s Skateboard Commission, the city will begin enforcing a ban on new electric skateboards on selected city sidewalks starting in January of this year. The enforcement period won’t be long since the law was put into place just before the holiday season. According to the Los Angeles Times, officials say that they are also considering banning them altogether. It’s believed that the move is part of the city’s efforts to prepare for a new statewide law that will completely regulate the sale and use of non-wheelchairs.
In San Diego, the state’s San Diego City Council has voted 8-2 to approve a new ordinance that will make it illegal to ride electric skates on sidewalks. Although the majority of skateboard riders were in favor of the ordinance, three opposing members spoke out against it. According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, District 5 Counpersor Miguel Pulido opposed the ordinance saying that he doesn’t see how the city can make money by banning skates. District 1 Counpersormaxx Jim Patterson was also against the ordinance, saying that he does not believe that the city can increase city revenue that drastically with the new laws. Although both men thought the new laws would have a negative impact on the city’s budget, the majority of skateboarders believed that the laws would create more safety for the general skating community.
The California State Legislature passed two new laws in January of this year. One law prohibits cities in California from banning the use of electrically motorized boards on sidewalks and requires them to create a new enforcement policy. The second law allows skateboarders in California to be charged a misdemeanor for riding on sidewalks. This means that instead of a fine, you may spend a few hours in jail. Both laws will be enforced during the next countywide election.